Sunday, August 12, 2007

Vogue Knitting Trunk Show

Today a friend and I went to Colorful Stitches in Lenox, MA to see the Vogue Knitting trunk show connected with their 25th anniversary issue. It was fabulous to see (and touch) some of the items in person. I had thought the fantastic neck piece on the cover of the issue would be very stiff, but it was actually wonderfully soft. I had a chance to try on the wrap featured on the Lion Brand cover, and while I liked it on the cover, I wasn't thrilled with the way it looked on me. That's ok--I have far too many other projects waiting. While we bought a couple of nice pattern books (including one for Debbie Bliss Rialto), we didn't find any yarn. Probably just as well, because we then stumbled on a craft fair nearby, and even though it was about to close, we managed to spend a fair amount on earrings (friend) and necklaces (me).

However, that means I am still searching for the yarn to make a couple of the projects in Stefanie Japel's Fitted Knits.

No comments: