Sunday, August 26, 2007

Back view of Ribwarmer Vest


As promised, this is the back view of the ribwarmer vest. I like the way the edges come together. It is possible to knit it so that you don't need to seam the back together, but I don't believe you get so much of an indent at the center.

I haven't been in much of a knitting mood lately, so the next project I am making from Stefanie Japel's Fitted Knits (the Textured Tunic) isn't progressing very well.

However, I did finish a stranded headband. I developed the pattern for a class I'll be teaching at The Spinning Room in early September on two-color knitting using two hands. I'll also teach how to weave in the colors so there aren't long floats. The headband is a bit wide, so I changed it to have several fewer rounds.

Today a friend and I are heading out to Colorful Stitches in Lenox again--they keep having great trunk shows. This time they have Norah Gaughn's works from her new Berroco book, Collection Volume One. Also pieces from the new Filatura di Crosa and S. Charles fall/winter collections.

No comments: