Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Colorful Finished Objects


Today I finished up the last of the embroidery on the Sunny Flower Fez, a pattern by Kristin Nichols from Folk Style. I used the same colors as for the Fingerless Flower Gloves from Kristin Knits. I'd originally bought four colors of Valley Yarns Berkshire, but realized my gauge would be really off with this heavier-weight yarn. I like the cheerfulness of these items, though the colors might not be completely me. But then again, I tend to select safer color combinations that might not have the same pizazz or energy as these items do. By the time I was halfway done with all the lazy daisies on the hat, I was feeling pretty comfortable doing them!

Now I am back to working on the sleeves of my Taconic Pullover. I love the color of the yarn, but it seems very muted after these other projects!

I just read a fun book called One Night @ the Call Center by Chetan Bhagat, set in India. It follows the experiences of a group of young people (and one older man) who all work together in a unit at the call center. One of the women spends a fair amount of time knitting a scarf for her mother-in-law--a MIL who really doesn't deserve this kindness. The knitting is just a small element of the book, set amongst job angst and relationship troubles and boss troubles. And, oh yes, a phone call from God.

1 comment:

Patty said...

Your work is just beautiful! Like today - boy we needed this warm one! Have a great weekend.