Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Olympic Challenge Project Finished!


I am not sure who is more pleased that my gloves are finished, my husband or I. I was so intent on finishing them in time that I was impossible to live with. But they are done, and I feel free! I think I did a pretty good job on them, but there are some, well, let's call them design elements. Like a few fingers without a column of plain white stitches on one edge on the palm side. However, there is a genuine design element on each thumb--a pretty band of alternating green and white stitches that carries up a similar design from the thumb gussets.

So what am I knitting now? A plain beret, all in stockinette stitch, made out of bulky yarn. It is for a class I hope to teach at The Spinning Room the weekend after Labor Day. At first there were no sign-ups, but now that two people are enrolled, I'd better have the hat ready. This is something of a trial balloon--a series of classes, all knitting hats, to teach a variety of skills. The first is to teach knitting in the round and decreases (it is the Rollin' Beret on the linked page), the second teaches cables (I love making this hat), and the third stranded knitting . I hope the classes all get enough sign-ups to run!

No comments: