Monday, October 8, 2007

Current projects and dye lot miracle


I spent time earlier in the weekend weaving in ends on my arm snuggies and sewing on buttons to hold back the lapels of the new ribwarmer vest (note to self: knit the collar option if I make more of these, it looks much nicer than the inexpertly sewn down neck tab on this one. Thank goodness my hair is long enough to hide it). I think the buttons I picked are too similar to the yarn, but none others called to me as I was trying to choose them. After finishing these two up, I rather ran out of steam. I don't have too much left to do on a cabled hat for a friend's birthday next month, I should be able to finish that today. I also started a couple of projects: the Two-Toned Triangle bag from the new Bag Style and an entrelac clutch. The latter is the project for a class I'll be co-teaching next month, and I'm trying to find a yarn that works well for it--one that is sold by the store where I'll be teaching. I think Boku will work, though it really isn't my favorite yarn.

On Saturday, my husband and I were in a small town about an hour north of here--we were on our way to a wedding and went up early so we could go to a nice used bookstore in Hudson Falls we haven't been to in years. I found a yarn store just up the road, Knit Wit Kreations, which I've never been to. The owner was very friendly and welcoming. While it was a bit hard to see what they had, as there was a big knit-in going on, I did find the 2 skeins of yarn I needed to have enough to make the Bluebell Boatneck Sweater in Fitted Knits. Exact same dye lot as the 3 I had bought at a sale locally over a year ago. That sure made my day!

No comments: