Friday, August 10, 2007

Harrisville, NH


On the way to the TKGA show in Manchester, NH last month, I made a few yarn-related stops along the way. One was to the Green Mountain Spinnery in Putney, VT, where I bought the yarn I need for their Stars & Bars cardigan. I had no idea the shop part of the building would be so small, but it was filled with wonderful yarn. The woman who helped me, and let me try on their store sample, was incredibly nice and helpful. I also stopped in Harrisville, NH, to go to the Harrisville Designs store there--a much larger space. Though incredibly, I didn't end up buying
any yarn--just some back issues of knitting magazines. The town of Harrisville, several miles off the beaten track, is a fabulous old mill town. I didn't get to see all of it, but took some pictures of buildings.

The TKGA show was wonderful--I can't believe how much I learned. I hope to go again next year, depending on where it is held.

No comments: